Statement From Dr George
I went into private practice 15 years ago with the mission to offer patients an alternative approach to patient care. My mission was to honor the doctor patient relationship by practicing the style of medicine that was used when I trained to become a physician. I chose to avoid anything that would keep me from working directly with the patient in order to offer the best individualized state of the art treatments to treat the problem and not just the symptom.
Over the years, we have specialized in staying ahead of the pressures that have made it increasingly more difficult to maintain a thriving practice; and we are proud to be one of the 30% of independent medical practices in business today. In order to keep costs affordable, innovations have included offering in office surgical procedures and allergy treatment which safely allows the patient to be treated at home.
However, in the age of the new healthcare environment it has become necessary to evolve once again. Increasing out of pocket costs in premiums and deductibles are projected to continue to rise and will make it increasingly difficult for patients to access care because of insurance restrictions and cost. In addition, ever increasing compliance and regulations will make it even harder to take care of you.
It has reached the point where I have to make a choice – continue down a path where I work within a system that will force me to deny necessary care either because of insurance restrictions or prohibitive out of pocket costs, or continue to be an advocate for my patients.
I am pleased to announce the opening of Peachtree Wellness Cooperative, a third-party free ENT practice that specializes in transparent, quality affordable care that caters to patients without insurance and those with high deductible/catastrophic insurance plans. Although we are out of network for most commercial insurance plans, we can still care for you and your family if you have out of network benefits. You will be able to submit the charges to your insurance company and be reimbursed directly by them. Those of you with high deductibles and co-pays will find the new practice model more convenient, more affordable with less restriction to access. You will still be able to use your insurance for anything ordered outside of the office such as labs and x-rays, and surgery.
The Fee Schedule consists of two payment options:
Option 1: The Peachtree Plan
The Peachtree Plan which is an inclusive monthly payment plan. ($95 per month for an individual, $149 for a couple, and $195 for a family of 3 with $25 dollars for each additional family member)
- Covers up to 15 office visits per year
- Includes no charge for routine ENT procedures – hearing tests, nose and throat endoscopy, ear wax removal
- 10% discount on allergy testing, sublingual allergy treatment, and surgical procedures
- Access to Dr. George via phone or e-mail
- Absolute privacy- your medical information will not be shared with anyone without your consent
- Timely appointments
- Access to discount prescriptions
Option 2 Medical Cost Sharing
An affordable alternative to insurance – Monthly costs range from $107-$199 per month as an individual to $198-$299 as a couple and $345-$445 as a family of 3 or more people.
- Covers ANY doctor and ANY hospital in the US or outside the country (eg, Medical Tourism)
- Additional out of pocket costs $500 per person per year. Depending on plan you choose, you willbe covered up to 100% of charges after this shared amount is paid.
- NO Affordable Care Act Fines – it is accepted by the government as healthcare coverage
- Provides coverage for all medically necessary problems (includes pregnancy, cancer care, surgery, Radiology services, lab services, and office visits)
- Some alternative treatments are covered (example acupuncture, chiropractic care, Eastern medicine)
- No pre-certifications required – you and your doctor get to decide care without any gate keepers.
- Plans cover up to 1 million dollars per incident per year – eg., each time you access medical care you are covered up to 1 million dollars per year.
- Discounts on dental, eye care and hearing aids.
More information at www.libertyoncall.org or 800-714- 6993.
Option 3: Pay As You Go
In reality, it has become more affordable to access healthcare as a cash paying patient then it is to use health insurance. The average savings range from 30-70%. The transformation of our practice to a 3rd party free practice harnesses this power. I believe this is a better way to maintain our high standard of care, and am excited to take the next step in our journey in the future of affordable healthcare. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call our office, my staff and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Elaina George, MD